Thank you 🙏🏻 for your interest in this IMG Mentorship Programme. We are excited to have you onboard ✈.
How is the Program Structured?
Rules and Guidelines
The purpose and aim of this endeavour is to allow peer-to-peer support of international medical graduates (IMGs) in order to facilitate their adjustment and understanding of the NHS and UK healthcare system.
As a mentee, you will look to obtain guidance and support from your allocated mentor. They will be there to help you ensure the following:
- Regular contact via our communication platform (Slack)
- Maintenance of basic privacy and boundaries
- Help in understanding new surroundings i.e. where to buy food, furniture, etc
- Involvement in any local support groups/events
- Signpost to relevant guidance sites or individuals as appropriate
- Encourage and support them as appropriate
- Answer any questions they may have while making them feel comfortable to ask so-called ‘silly questions’
- Introducing them to others who may help further their development/career progression.
We intend for each mentorship cycle to last four weeks, after which you will have the option to opt out of the next cycle or continue to be rematched. Your mentee will complete a feedback form for you at the end of each cycle, after which you will be issued a certificate acknowledging your efforts.
Please understand that it is important that you set clear boundaries from the start. If you feel at any time that improper or inappropriate behaviour is stemming from this mentorship, please highlight this to us so that we may take immediate action.